with MATT AITCHISON
Watch The Episode
About The Episode
In this episode of the Millionaire Mindcast, we have a stunning guest, Mitzi Perdue who shares insights about visualization, a life of giving and taking, emotional connections, her entrepreneurial journey, tips on establishing a positive culture, and the secret of building an empire and generational wealth!
Back in the 1930s, Mitzi’s father started with just one hotel with no employee and through his determination and secret sauce to success, at the end of his life, their family owned 400 hotels in the form of Sheraton Hotel Corp. Mitzi witnessed how great his father was not just in business but also handling people in all walks of life.
Aside from that, innately, Mitzi’s father built a deep connection and concern for all his employees. He believed in them and gave them all the resources and encouragement to show the world just how good they are. Hence, communication between them is very important to him. Although he doesn’t want his hotel to be the biggest, he created a great value-based culture and a team in order to be the best hotel in the locality.
Distinct from other successful entrepreneurs, he had a lot of time with his children, teaching them values of not getting the identity through spending money and luxurious materials. But getting their identity by being good citizens who would give back. Her father’s greatest pleasure was giving it away. He loves to share blessings and spread love and care. Living like a millionaire in all areas of his life and staying connected to the people around him.
During Mitzi’s childhood, her way of grabbing his parent’s attention was by asking his father about business. Never think it would be a big advantage to her in later life and career. Thus, a spiritual gift of hospitality was given to her. Luckily, she found a husband who has the same characteristics as his father especially in running their business. Likewise, Mitzi inherits the culture and beliefs from her father in her own entrepreneurial journey that truly build a legacy and generational wealth.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Who is Mitzi Perdue? How do you explain the amazing life’s journey that you experience? (00:45)
- What were some of the reasons that you remember from your father that you carried on to your own entrepreneurial business journey? (02:31)
- What do you think were some of the foundational principles, core values, and characteristics that made your guys’ business and your brand so repeatable, so successful, and so well-known? (09:54)
- What were some that standout that maybe you’re most proud of Frank and you feel you most align with? (13:50)
- What’s inside about you? How have you got that hospitality within you? (19:48)
- What are maybe one or two things that really stand out to you in the book on How To Be Up In Those Down Times that might be a good teaser as to what else they might find inside your book? (29:26)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The reason for Mitzi’s father success (02:45)
- Mitzi’s husband, Frank Perdue’s story of servant’s leadership (14:07)
- Emotional connection and hospitality (23:59)
- How visualization impacted Mitzi’s book How to Be Up in Down Times sold more than a million copies (24:42)
- A life of taking versus a life of giving: A story of Napoleon Bonaparte and Mother Theresa (29:57)
- “Inspire, don’t require.”
- “A leader’s job is to give people a better vision of themselves
- “You don’t have to be the biggest but to be the best.”
- “How you impress somebody else is most of how you make them feel, it’s not about you boasting things.”
- “The most important word in the world to each person is their own name.”
- “Emotional connection is one of the great portions of human nature.”
- “When you visualize things, it changes how you act.”
- “Life does have pain in it and you’re paying your dues, so just don’t expect to get out is that free.”
- “All that wealth, money, status, power, fame didn’t bring happiness.”
- “If you want to be happy, think about what you can do for somebody else.”
- “One of the things such as the job of the hostess is to make the guest feel important.”
Connect with Mitzi Perdue on:
How to Be Up in Down Times book by Mitzi Perdue, Mark Victor Hansen, Preston Weekes
Mitzi Perdue – (410) 860 – 4444
About The Podcast
The Millionaire Mindcast is a show that focuses on all things mindset, money, and motivation to help aspiring millionaires from all walks of life increase their income, impact and influence. I’m Matt Aitchison – a 7-figure real estate investor, millennial entrepreneur, speaker and educator – and every Monday I interview a badass millionaire or thought leader who is living the “Whole Life Millionaire” lifestyle and taking their wealth far beyond what dollars can buy.
Join me each week for new insights as you march toward that million dollar milestone and design your dream life. It’s time to define what true wealth means to you, make your money matter, and unleash your millionaire within.